Friday, August 15, 2008

Directions

Ever lie in bed at night and stare into the abysmal darkness thinking what exactly are you doing with your life? What have you accomplished at this point in your life? Do you feel happy and fulfilled or just emptiness. We spent all our younger days wishing we could get older faster but now we're clamouring to go back to the ole' days. The great paradox of humanity. I sit here now typing this blog while trying to answer these questions myself and the answers I have come up with are very grim indeed. I have no idea what has become of my life, in fact I think I lost track of it as soon as I set foot here. And I'll be perfectly blunt, no offense to anyone, I'm stuck in a fucked up third-rate university which the better part of Singapore hasn't heard of before, I have failed to make any acquaintances at the mother-fucking place no matter how hard I try and I'm living in a cess pit. That about summarises my miserable life, add in a few more touchy matters for insult to injury and there you have it, shit, pure unadulterated fucking shit. I'm alone, I'm pissed and I'm at my wits end. Let me tell you something I didn't become bloody cranky and moody overnight, trust me you'd be the same if you were in my over-priced Nike Air Force One shoes. Most of my friends already know what they want with their life, already taking the steps to secure it. Friends and Brothers of Old in various elite units of the military, some already offered places in the prestigious National University of Singapore (NUS) and equally lauded Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and no matter what those Caucasian ass-clowns say NUS is one of THE top universities in the world. Others finishing up their Polytechnic diplomas and Millenia Institute (MI) 'A' Level's preparing to enter National Service (NS). All if not most have found their direction, a path laid out before them, all except me. Here I lay struggling in some third-rate university, here I lay lost and alone. Another night has come to pass, and once more I stare into the depths of the night.....and pray for a miracle.

2 comments:

Nicholas Ian Michael Koh Zhi Xiong said...

You're definitely not alone...
I lie awake once in a while wondering what the fuck am i doing with my life. Engineering in SP has been one of my life's greatest mistakes so far, seriously.
I hate my life, makes me wanna drop everything, pick up my cross and follow Christ...

Father Ian, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Baka. You ain't alone bro. I too dun have a path for me planned out. Rmb what i told you when i collected my O's "What ever comes at me iam just gonna follow it."
Even my choice to take up extream sports doesn't show me where iam going in life.

Ian why dun take it to the next level. Pope Ian the first.