Friday, March 7, 2008

Walking Away

I'm not sure if it's certain yet but it seems that talks with John and Xander regarding my moving in with them to a new apartment have fallen through due to a difference in preferences which means that my ticket to a residence in the city has effectively dissolved. The both of them promptly fell in love with an apartment/maisonette which we went to view the day before at Wellington Crescent, around the Docklands region. It was a rather decent place with more than ample space but it was lacking furnishings and most importantly a washing machine and dryer. I on the other hand had my reservations about it. For one it was not what i had in mind of an apartment in the city, i expected a place which is within walking distance of either Flinders St, Melbourne Central or Flagstaff Station. This place was not close to any of them and the closest you could get was by tram to Flinders St. It is within a 10-15 minutes walk to Jollimont Station but that place is as good as redundant. And since the Swinburne campus i go to is in Lilydale it would be an extreme pain in the arse to travel there from that place. Secondly was the cost, which is estimated at around $1150 a month per person. Where the hell am i going to get that kind of money? My fethin' arse? And this doesn't even include the utilities, food, transport and miscellaneous costs yet. Heck i won't even be able to afford instant noodles, I'd have to eat sand! I don't know why but people always seem to have this misconception that I'm rich and loaded, heck the only thing I'm rich and loaded in is frustrations. True most of the places which i have scouted out have amounted to nothing but there are still two potentials which I'm betting on. Anyway i have a sneaking suspicion that the both of them do not want to stay in the city anymore because for some reason they seem to be looking at all these obscure places. Well i for one will not compromise and if i don't manage to persuade them to give these last two places a look i guess I'll be staying put in Box Hill till i find a studio apartment in the city. Anyhow you get used to staying alone after a while, i know i have.

No comments: