Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MANIFEST 09! PICTURES!

So Manifest 09 has come and gone like a quick breeze. It's quite possibly the last time I attend it for a few years as I will be taking my leave from Melbourne sometime in July next year. While not permanent I guess where I end up after National Service very much depends on which way the wind takes me. Which means that it might be my last Manifest. And in some ways this year's Manifest while enjoyable as usual felt a bit melancholic. The crowd was fantastic as usual, cosplayers everywhere but for some reason it felt that the crowd got smaller. Well, since this years Manifest wasn't at Melbourne Uni but at the Showgrounds instead I guess only those with an interest in all things anime bothered to make their annual pilgrimage to Manifest. A bit disappointed with the traders this year as the latest products which I expected to see and probably blow my budget on didn't materialise. Well one of the traders did say that new stuff filters down to Australia real slowly due to it's location "down under" so I guess that's that. If you're on the hunt for brand new merchandise Australia is not the place to be. Damn, and I was all hyped up about getting some K-ON merchandise. Well I did get a few decent buys but all things considered not much, well not much when you compare it to the previous two years in any case. Well enough talk, time for some pictures, which I did not take much of this year too. Here are some of the highlights (don't expect too much as all pictures were taken with my swanky but dated N76 which I bought solely because of look not function and only has a 2mp camera).


Mio from K-ON!
Lucky Star Cheerleaders
Hatsune Miku and dude in Shinsengumi uniform

Random Kimono girlsCardcaptor Sakura and Random Maid Random girls in loli dressRiku from Final Fantasy-X and Yoko from Gurren Lagann
Chi from Chobits and Konata from Lucky Star!
Ouka the Divine Fist from .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
Mio from K-ON! (again....but it's a good shot so what the hell)


No comments: