Saturday, November 24, 2007

Done Deal

The exams are over, friends are returning home (or for some already left), another year is drawing to a close and merry mayhem is to be had. Sibu Angkau leaves on Sunday midnight, and trailing behind him would be I with my morning flight on the 1st of December (supposedly, could actually be earlier if things go well). I think Ryan and Roaldy leave a week after my departure. So it'll be a right (approximately) three months of LAN-less fun where my life will finally be uplifted from the depts of prepetual LAN based enjoyment. Of course i don't intend of partying my holidays away (as mentioned earlier, straight drinking is off-limits already), i'm probably going to end up getting a job again and trying to fatten up the ole' bank account again. And with the amount of shopping i have planned out i'm seriously going to need it. I have miraculously gotten the green light to go ahead with my 'Modernisation' program which involves me replacing/refitting my electronic devices. As i have planned out all of my electrical devices should remain in service for at least four years before i set about looking for a replacement. This means that my good ole' 6260 and ZEN Neeon MP3 are soon reaching the end of their service life with me. The replacement for the 6260 has already been chosen, the N76. It met all of my requirements of being a clamshell 'flip' phone, 3G and it has to be a Nokia (the operating systems for the other brands just confuse me). Quite the few requirements isn't it? Now the MP3 player poses more of a dilemma, i've recently been eyeing the new iPod Touch, a very sleek device with awesome touch screen interface. But my brother has been bugging me to switch from my ole', sometimes cranky and rather worn out ZEN Neeon to an iPod classic, and for some reason my mum seems to back him up. Now its not like i don't want an iPod, its just that it has two rather irritating traits. First is itunes, so bloody complicated to use, miles apart from the simple and clean drag and drop system of most Creative MP3's. Than theres the price, which is definitely more ex than a ZEN by a fair bit. But Creative MP3's are sorely lacking in the design sector. And i'm trying to keep the cost of the replacements to below $600. Another hefty piece of equiptment which i plan on switching out is my faithful laptop, which although does not meet the prerequisites of being at least 4 years old (special consideration should of course be given to computers) with a spanking new Dell XPS in red. This of course has not been approved yet but i hope i can soon strike some sort of deal with my parents, guess i'll have to let my results do the talking again.

Note- The lot of us had steamboat at Ryan's place last night, and of course the usual rowdy humour and fun ensued. Thanks for dinner and such last night Ryan, and of course thanks for putting up with my usual craziness (it almost got out of hand with the drinking).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there goes another hard liquor drinker backing out.

tsk tsk tsk...

control dude, control.