Sunday, March 8, 2009

The beginning of the end

I'm back after an extremely long hiatus and I'm not particularly thrilled about it. For people wanting to know why this site hasn't been updated for the better part of four months its due to the fact that I was back home and felt that it was too much of a hassle to stay sober long enough to post something up. So we're finally at the doorstep of the end chapter of the university part of my life (for the moment at least, until I decide to go get a masters degree in any case). My exit permit ends at the end of July next year and after that its off to national service (NS) for me. The first week of the new semester has come and gone with the promise of heaps more of work to come. My timetable is as messed as ever as I've got late lectures at 17:30 on both Mondays and Tuesdays which end at 19:00. This means that I usually reach home at 20:00. But the worst part is the two classes on both Tuesdays and Thursdays which start at 08:30, this means that I have to wake up at fucking 05:30 to catch the 06:50 train to butt-fucking Lilydale which is like the arse end of the God-forsaken train line. I guess the only redeeming factor is the fact that I'm free on Wednesdays and Fridays. Not for long from what the blasted unit outline for all of my subjects are telling me. The only thing keeping me going now is the fact that this is my last year here, not like NS is anything to look forward to but at least I've completed one hurdle on this journey we call life, or something like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"train to butt-fucking Lilydale which is like the arse end of the God-forsaken train line"

LOL love this line. Btw, cheer up mate. Life ain't that bad. Enjoy the peace while ucan