Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why can't we be friends?

'Ahem', 'Ahem' Welcome to another session of Doctor Wolf's ramblings on Love, Life, Sex, and Bananas (ok the last one was a bit strange.....). A friend of mine sought my counsel a few days back where some of his classmates were giving him the cold shoulder and being overly critical of him, shooting down any, and every comment he makes. Now the funny thing is that they were getting along reasonably well at the start of the semester, and all of the sudden we have this strange change in attitude. As usual these problems baffle me as I'm no Mr.Personality myself, the kind of person who could effortlessly attract the masses to them. I'm quite the opposite in fact, I don't as much draw people in as I push them away, being an overtly guarded, hostile and paranoid person. The friend's which I have made have been pure luck and chance, where effort played the least role (which might explain my very much dead and buried private life, but I'll cry over that some other time). I remember the first day I arrived at the hostel back in 2006, my mood was as foul as someone who got diarrhea for a whole damn week (mind you it happened to me once before). I was first ambushed by two kids while I was coming out of the toilet (you can already guess who those two are) and they promptly introduced themselves to me. The first thought which came across my mind was "Who the hell are these weird fellows?". Then I stalked off to the cafeteria for dinner where I heard a particularly loud mouthed buffoon making too much bloody noise at a row of tables next to the window. I closely surveyed the people in the cafeteria as I would the sole of my shoe after stepping on something, and thought to myself "Oh my God, what kind of shit have I got myself into". Then this weird fellow in his tucked-in checked shirt walked past and I thought "Bloody uncle so old already then want to start studying ah". You can imagine my first impression of student life in Melbourne was not good. But then these people turned out to be rather good friends of mine as we had many things in common, the kids loved anime and one of them was almost as schooled as me on military matters, the uncle was a damned car fanatic and the loud fella, well we were both loud anyway. So back to the main point, in all honesty I couldn't answer his question and have practically no idea why I went on and on about this story, I just hope that it serves some purpose. Personally I would say that looks can and will be deceiving, don't judge others too fast and think before you talk. Friendship and Relationships are a two way street, there will always be giving and taking. From this point on in your life it doesn't help to make enemies, besides everyone should be matured enough to think past that stage already. If anyone gives you shit, ask them why they are doing so and try to think back as to how you may have offended them. And at the end of the day if they're still being pricks (most likely due to the lack of a proper one if they are males) come back to me and I'll teach you some very illuminating words and phrases. Most importantly it's no use trying to fit in, just be yourself, you only live for one person, which is you alone.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

is brendan okay?

hahah btw, the kids were funny. LOL..

GT-Ken! said...

mua ha, his parents are here so he's under house arrest, a paradise without xander and cod4!! envious!!

Anonymous said...

KENNETH..who are u calling kids...ITS me and clarence..

GT-Ken! said...

you are kids......ok how does pervie kids sound?

Anonymous said...

CHAINS !!

Anonymous said...

WTF..anonymous either be brendan or clarence...and kenneth pervie sounds more like U...

GT-Ken! said...

I'm a wolf, being pervie is a prerequisite!! mua ha ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Okkk....u finally admit that ur openly perverted like kurz weber

Anonymous said...

That wasn't me, this is me.

CHAINS!!

Anonymous said...

wth brendan...fine...do not use chains just for one unless theres only 1...it is used for multiple TARGETS